Fairbank, Maslin, Maullin, Metz & Associates (FM3) is looking for an Administrative Assistant to join our team. This is a full-time position in our Oakland office.
FM3, a California “S” corporation with offices in Oakland, Santa Monica and Madison, Wisconsin, has specialized in public policy-oriented opinion research since 1981. FM3 offers a wide range of opinion research, communications strategy and consulting services to assist political candidates (Democratic or non-partisan), ballot measure committees, private sector corporations, non-profit organizations and government agencies.
On an annual basis, our 22-person company conducts as many as three hundred surveys and one hundred and fifty focus groups, frequently focusing on issues of major economic and social concern, including environmental quality; natural resource conservation; energy development; transportation planning and finance; health care; public finance; growth and property development, and the implications of public policy for ethnic and other demographic groups such as children and the elderly.
Consequently, FM3 employees are provided with a unique, behind-the-scenes view into how public policy and political decisions are made, and a richer understanding of high-profile political campaigns at the local, state and national level.
The Administrative Assistant will handle a variety of administrative and office management tasks in our seven-person Oakland office and work closely with the Administrative Assistant in our Santa Monica office. Specific responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant position will include, but are not limited to:
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the office
- Fielding telephone calls
- Maintaining supplies of stationary, equipment, and other office materials
- Sending out and receiving mail and packages
- Managing general filing systems
- Printing and binding reports
- Data entry
Additionally, 25 percent of their time will be dedicated to assisting FM3’s Controller with similar administrative tasks. These tasks will include:
- Processing and filing accounts payable and receivable documentation
- Filing contracts
- Assisting with the mailing of weekly vendor checks
- Processing expenses reports
- A friendly and outgoing personality
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Scrupulous attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Candidates must have a strong character and the ability to excel in a dynamic team environment
Compensation and Benefits
The position will offer a competitive compensation package (including annual individual and company performance-based bonuses) and full benefits, including health insurance and company contributions to 401k.