Fairbank, Maslin, Maullin, Metz & Associates (FM3) is looking for an Administrative Assistant to join our team. This is a full-time position in our Oakland office.
FM3, a California “S” corporation with offices in Oakland, Santa Monica and Madison, Wisconsin, has specialized in public policy-oriented opinion research since 1981. FM3 offers a wide range of opinion research, communications strategy and consulting services to assist political candidates (Democratic or non-partisan), ballot measure committees, private sector corporations, non-profit organizations and government agencies.
On an annual basis, our 22-person company conducts as many as three hundred surveys and one hundred and fifty focus groups, frequently focusing on issues of major economic and social concern, including environmental quality; natural resource conservation; energy development; transportation planning and finance; health care; public finance; growth and property development, and the implications of public policy for ethnic and other demographic groups such as children and the elderly.
Consequently, FM3 employees are provided with a unique, behind-the-scenes view into how public policy and political decisions are made, and a richer understanding of high-profile political campaigns at the local, state and national level.
The Administrative Assistant will handle a variety of administrative and office management tasks in our seven-person Oakland office and work closely with the Administrative Assistant in our Santa Monica office. Specific responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant position will include, but are not limited to:
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the office
- Fielding telephone calls
- Maintaining supplies of stationary, equipment, and other office materials
- Sending out and receiving mail and packages
- Managing general filing systems
- Printing and binding reports
- Data entry
Additionally, 25 percent of their time will be dedicated to assisting FM3’s Controller with similar administrative tasks. These tasks will include:
- Processing and filing accounts payable and receivable documentation
- Filing contracts
- Assisting with the mailing of weekly vendor checks
- Processing expenses reports
- A friendly and outgoing personality
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Scrupulous attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Candidates must have a strong character and the ability to excel in a dynamic team environment
Compensation and Benefits
The position will offer a competitive compensation package (including annual individual and company performance-based bonuses) and full benefits, including health insurance and company contributions to 401k.
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
FM3 is committed to diversity in its workforce. FM3 is an equal opportunity employer and insures the promotion of equal opportunity for all persons employed or seeking employment, without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age or disability status.