Fairbank, Maslin, Maullin, Metz & Associates (FM3) is looking for a highly organized and goal oriented project manager with strong communication and technology skills. This is a full-time position in our West Los Angeles office that coordinates market research services across the nation. The Project Manager will work with internal clients and external service providers to initiate, conduct, and complete numerous survey projects and focus groups per week. They will be proficient at organizing the logistics and tasks required by many projects occurring simultaneously and in different stages of completion. As the purchaser of outside services, the Project Manager will assist in budgeting, evaluating the proficiency of vendors, and proactively expand the pool of potential service providers. The ideal candidate will have a keen business sense, an eagerness for checking tasks off lists, and superior communication skills.
FM3 has specialized in public policy-oriented opinion research since 1981 and offers a wide range of opinion research, communications strategy and consulting services to assist political candidates (Democratic or non-partisan), ballot measure committees, private sector corporations, non-profit organizations and government agencies.
On an annual basis, our 24-person company (with offices in Oakland and West Los Angeles) conducts as many as 300 surveys and 150 focus groups, frequently focusing on issues of major economic and social concern, including environmental quality; natural resource conservation; energy development; transportation planning and finance; health care; public finance; growth and property development, and the implications of public policy for ethnic and other demographic groups such as children and the elderly.
The Project Manager plays an active role in practically every FM3 project and communicates between internal associates and external vendors. Their participation may begin with formulating cost estimates and contributing components to research proposals. They would schedule external service providers, evaluate their performance, and ensure that deadlines are met. They are consistently aware of each project’s status and act as the first responder if problems are encountered. At the end of each project, they would document project metrics, assemble billing records, and close out contractual obligations.
Frequent tasks include:
- Ordering sample lists and contracting phone bank services
- Scheduling facilities and supervise recruiting for focus groups.
- Providing internal cost and external vendor price estimates that would factor into written proposals and project contracts.
- Producing and distributing daily reports on project status, progress, and forecasting.
- Troubleshooting common logistical problems.
- Verification of vendor invoices and other accounting tasks
- Internal record keeping and the collection of operational metrics.
- Other duties as needed by the senior management.
The incoming candidate will maintain our current external relationships and run existing procedures while also keeping an eye towards improving operations. Anticipated improvements may include expanding our pool of qualified service providers and continuously negotiating contracts that benefit FM3’s bottom line.
The Project Manager will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, social science, or other research supported discipline
- A pro-active and assertive personality with high energy and can-do attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational and multi-tasking skills with high attention to detail
- The ability to reprioritize multiple assignments due to shifting client priorities
- Above average computer skills including mastery of MS Office Applications
Strong candidates may also have:
- Educational or work experience in market research or scientific experimentation
- Superior analytical skills
- Familiarity of current and emerging opinion research technologies and issues
- Several years of work experience that required strong analytical, time management, and communication skills
Very strong candidates may also have:
- Expert computer skills including familiarity with relational databases
- A strong commitment to career-related self-improvement, training, and education
- Professional contacts in the opinion research industry
Compensation and Benefits
The position will offer a competitive compensation package (including annual individual and company performance-based bonuses) and full benefits, including health insurance and company contributions to 401k.
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter (as a single document) to email@example.com referencing “FM3 Project Manager Application” in the subject line. Be sure to include details on where you heard about this position and your salary requirements in your cover letter.
FM3 is committed to diversity in its workforce. FM3 is an equal opportunity employer and insures the promotion of equal opportunity for all persons employed or seeking employment, without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age or disability status.