Fairbank, Maslin, Maullin, Metz & Associates (FM3) is looking for an entry level Information Technology Analyst (ITA) to support the business operations of our two offices and provide technical support services to our remote staff. This is a full-time position based in our West Los Angeles office that would support desktop/laptop PC workstations, office network appliances, VoIP systems, and individual mobile devices. Additionally, the ITA would work with our Statistical Analysis team in proofreading reports on quantitative data, producing printed reports, and contributing to the technology team as needed.
FM3 has specialized in public policy-oriented opinion research since 1981 and offers a wide range of opinion research, communications strategy and consulting services to assist political candidates (Democratic or non-partisan), ballot measure committees, private sector corporations, non-profit organizations and government agencies.
On an annual basis, our 24-person company (with offices in Oakland and West Los Angeles) conducts as many as 300 surveys and 150 focus groups, frequently focusing on issues of major economic and social concern, including environmental quality; natural resource conservation; energy development; transportation planning and finance; health care; public finance; growth and property development, and the implications of public policy for ethnic and other demographic groups such as children and the elderly.
The Information Technology Analyst supports FM3’s operations by procuring, maintaining, and upgrading, all business technology and software applications. While based in the West Los Angeles office, the ITA will remotely administrate appliances in the Oakland office, remotely support individual users located throughout California and in Madison, Wisconsin. Local and national travel may be necessary in the rare case that a support case requires a physical service call. The ITA will primarily support PC/Windows workstations running Office 365 applications and the Dropbox cloud storage application. The ITA will also co-administrate the company’s email server, VoIP system, and network firewall. Company executives will also consult the ITA regarding support of their mobile devices and home internet provider service. The ITA is expected to provide the highest quality of service and responsiveness to associates experiencing technical difficulties that impede FM3’s business operations. The ITA’s hours will often start in the early mornings or stretch into evenings to minimize disruption to users during regular business hours.
Frequent tasks include:
- Purchasing, initializing, and preparing desktop and laptop PCs for company users.
- Resolving hardware/software issues experienced by company users.
- Administrating, maintaining, and upgrading File Servers, Email Servers and VoIP appliances.
- Administrating individual user accounts for cloud-based services.
- Proofreading quantitative reports in support of the Statistical Analysis Team
- Other duties as needed by the senior management
The Information Technology Analyst will have:
- A solid work ethic and commitment to teamwork
- A Bachelor’s degree or suitable Technology Certification
- Above average computer skills including mastery of Office 365 applications
- Demonstrated expertise in hardware and software support
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational and multi-tasking skills with high attention to detail
Strong candidates may also have:
- Work experience in supporting technology users
- Superior analytical skills
- Strong analytical, time management, and communication skills
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The position will offer a competitive compensation package (including annual individual and company performance-based bonuses) and full benefits, including health insurance, paid parental leave, and company profit-sharing contributions to employee 401(k)s.
HOW TO APPLY
Send resume and cover letter (as a single document) to email@example.com with the subject line “FM3 Information Technology Analyst Application” in the subject line. Be sure to include details on where you heard about this position and your salary requirements in your cover letter.
FM3 is committed to diversity in its workforce. FM3 is an equal opportunity employer and ensures the promotion of equal opportunity for all persons employed or seeking employment, without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age or disability status. Potential employees reflecting California’s diversity are encouraged to apply.